September 6 update: Joe Warren was declared unable to compete and the Warren vs Kirk fight has been cancelled. Kirk will NOT fight at Bellator 98.
Bellator MMA 98 - September 7, 2013
Minneapolis bantamweight Nick Kirk, who trains at The Academy in Brooklyn Park, will return to the +Bellator MMA cage at Mohegan Sun Arena on September 7. His opponent will be former Bellator World champion Joe Warren.
Kirk (10-2) made his Bellator debut in January, losing by split decision to Tony Zelinski. A submission-victory at a smaller show in Bismarck on April 13 got Kirk back in the win column. His return to the +SPIKE TV promotion won't be an easy one. Joe Warren (8-3) is a former world champion with Bellator, but has not fought since November of 2012.
- Middleweight title: Alexander Shlemenko (47-7) vs Brett Cooper (19-8)
Bantamweight Tourney semi: Nick Kirk (10-2) vs Joe Warren (8-3)
- Middleweight Tourney quarter: Mikkel Parlo (9-1) vs Brian Rogers (10-5)
- Middleweight Tourney quarter: Perry Filkins (7-1) vs Jeremy Kimball (9-3)
- Middleweight Tourney quarter: Andreas Spang (8-3) vs Justin Torrey (7-0)
- Middleweight Tourney quarter: Jason Butcher (6-0) Giva Santana (18-2)